Eavestrough Repairin Mississauga
Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing is Mississauga’s number one eavestrough repair company. We provide fast and affordable repair services for gutters, eavestroughs, drainpipes, and downspouts. No matter the type or the size, if it carries rainwater, we can fix it.
For the best eavestrough repair service available, call us at (416) 239-4033 today.
Free Eavestrough Inspections
At Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing, we like to demonstrate the value of our services straight out of the gate. Our free inspection services help us achieve that aim.
We’ve designed our inspections to be rigorous, extensive, and comprehensive. We don’t just look for the most obvious repair problem. Instead, we use our investigative skill to detect any—and every—potential issue with your eavestrough system. We dig deep to find the root of your problem and discover the source of your repair trouble.
Our inspections come with no-obligation to hire us. However, we’re confident we offer the most valuable repair service available. Once we’ve inspected your eavestroughs, we’ll explain what we can do to optimize your gutter system and improve its performance. We’ll then provide you with an accurate breakdown of the costs of the job. You’re free to shop around after that, but we’re sure you’ll see the value in choosing us.
The Advantage of Our Eavestrough Repair Services
Fast Service Times, Competitive Prices, Unbeatable Value
We’re proud to provide the most value-added service in the eavestrough industry. How do we do it?
We use efficient labor practices to reduce our overhead, speed up our work, and maintain a lean business model. By doing so, we’re able to save you time and money on your repairs while still guaranteeing the same high caliber of workmanship for which we’ve come to be known.
Fast. Affordable. Dependable. That’s just how we stay ahead of the curve—and the competition.
Outstanding Results from the Gutter Repair Specialist
Ultimately, the strength of our reputation comes down to the quality of our repairs. And we’re proud to say that no one does it better than we do.
Our repair services have a three-prong focus:
- Maximum Protection—We follow a meticulous repair process, overhauling your gutter system so that we maximize its durability. We ensure that your gutter system is either back to or surpasses its original factory specifications. That way, you’ll be able to enjoy them for years to come.
- Damage Prevention—We think smart. We use a range of strategies to protect your gutters and prevent future damage from affecting their performance. By managing potential risks, we keep your gutters going for longer.
- Total Restoration—We want your gutters to look immaculate. We repair your gutters so that they perform—and look—like they’re brand-new. Keep it clean and pristine with the folks at Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing.
Top-Quality Gutter Repairs: Guaranteed to Satisfy
We know we’re Mississauga’s best gutter repair company. We’re efficient, we’re affordable, and we’re building the best eavestroughs in the city.
We possess an impeccable record of success with our repair services, and we want to keep it that way. It’s for that reason that we offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on every job we undertake. If you’re not satisfied, we’re not satisfied. And we’ll do everything we can to fix the problem, no matter what it may be.
Rest assured—with us, you’re in the hands of the best in the business. We guarantee it.
Why Your Gutters Matter
At Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing we know that there are more exciting things to discuss over the dinner table than the state of the eavestrough system in your Mississauga home. However, what we also know is that if you want to make sure that your home’s structural integrity isn’t compromised by unnecessary leaks and dampness, then you need to make sure that your eavestroughs are operating optimally.
So, if you have noticed a leak or feel that your eavestrough isn’t functioning as well as it has done in the past, then you need to call Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing today and allow us to get to work on correcting this problem.
Four Reasons to Have Your Eavestrough Repair Handled by a Professional
Out of sight, out of mind, as the old saying goes. When it comes to the eavestroughs of your home, it’s no surprise that many Mississauga homeowners leave the gutter cleaning to the last possible second. It isn’t until the sagging gutters are chock full of debris and dirt that many of us decide to get on a stepladder, but gutter cleaning can be dangerous to the average Joe or Jane.
If you’re unsure of whether or not your gutters need a good cleaning or if you’re looking at eavestrough replacement, read this guide. At Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing, gutters and eavestroughs are our passion. So you know that we’re the only name in Mississauga that counts for eavestrough repair!
- It’s More Convenient
The reason many homeowners let their gutters get clogged up in the first place is simply not having the time to clean them on a regular basis. Unless you are very organized and always leave yourself little notes to remind yourself of little household tasks that need doing, you often don’t think about the gutters of your home on a regular basis. By scheduling regular gutter repair and cleaning with Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing, you can rest easy knowing that every detail is taken care of without you even lifting a finger!
- It’s Less Expensive
Don’t believe us? Well, sagging gutters lead to broken gutters. By the time you notice leaks, it may be too late. Considering the average cost of gutters in Canada can be as much as $1,400 to $2,000 per replacement, spending a little up front leads to big-time savings, extending the natural life of the gutters of your home. When it comes down to it, regular gutter repair and gutter cleaning can cost as little as pennies per day. Now that’s a bargain!
- It’s Safer
Like any other task involving a ladder, when you undertake your own eavestrough repair, you run the risk of falls. This may not be such a threat when you’re young and in good shape, but many of us cannot afford to risk our health and safety. Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing pays our workers to keep up to date with all relevant training, and our workers are insured. That’s a safer choice all of us can feel better about.
- It’s More Accurate
If you don’t know the difference between a gutter guard and a roof crown, don’t be embarrassed. We’re sure that you’re an expert in the things you love to do. Qualified professionals can assess most problems with eavestroughs on sight, so there’s no risk of a mistake leading to a costly eavestrough replacement. Don’t gamble with the investment you’ve made on your home. Trust the pros!
At Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing, we’ve been providing quality services including eavestrough repair and gutter cleaning to Mississauga homeowners for years. We have dozens of satisfied customers and would love to add you to that roster. Let us show you why we’re the top choice—call us today!
Eavestrough Repair: What to Expect
As is to be expected, the repair work of your home’s eavestrough system depends very much on the type of problem. So, for instance if the gutters in your Mississauga home are leaking then we will devise and implement a repair plan that will remedy this problem in the quickest time possible.
In general, if you have a leaking gutter problem it is because there is an issue in one of the seams. Usually, the seams in metal gutters are the area that are most prone to corrosion, while if you have vinyl gutters, the different sections are joined by a gasket. After years of exposure, these gaskets can begin to depreciate.
Similarly, if your gutters are beginning to sag then this is most likely because of a loose nail or screw that has bolted and affected the structural integrity of your gutter. It is possible that a faulty bracket may be the root cause. Either way, out team can repair this problem in no time at all.
Don’t Take Shortcuts on Your Eavestroughs
On average, we at Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing recommend that all our Mississauga clients have their home’s gutters cleaned twice a year. Generally, the two best times to have your eavestrough cleaned are September or October before the falling leaves from nearby trees becomes too serious and in early spring after the winter snow and extreme cold has passed and is beginning to thaw.
While it may seem like a chore at the time, having one of our certified eavestrough specialists take these necessary precautions will not only protect your home’s eavestroughs and gutters, it will also guarantee that your home’s structural integrity remains intact and continues to stand the test of time for longer. Having your eavestrough cleaned regularly means that you will have to spend less time and money repairing or replacing this vital component of your home as time passes.
Why You Need Working Gutters From Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing
Most people don’t think much of the gutters. They’re a hassle to clean once or twice a year. Many people hire a professional just to avoid having to do the annoying task. But gutters are actually one of the most important parts of your home. Having broken gutters, clogged gutters, badly installed gutters, cracked gutters, or any other kind of malfunctioning gutter can cause serious damage to your Mississauga home.
Here are five reasons you need working gutters in your home!
- Water can get under the shingles. This is a nasty one. If your gutters don’t drain the water from your roof, it can collect along the edge. The standing water can then flow back and flood the shingles. If water gets under the shingles, you are very likely to damage not only the shingles themselves but also the structural integrity of your home. This can be especially problematic during warm winter days and spring thaws. The melting snow needs somewhere to go! If it can’t flow out through the gutters, it’s likely to damage your roof.
- Water runoff can damage the siding. This can happen if you have broken gutters, or worse if you have no gutters at all. When rainwater or melting snow runs off your roof, it can flow down the side of your home. If you have siding, the water can get in behind it. If you have brick, you might experience some erosion or ‘rust’ stains as it runs down the side of the brick.
- Flooding in your basement. Gutters are meant to collect runoff and drain it away from the house. Most people have drain pipes coming off the gutters, allowing the excess water to run down their driveway. If you don’t have a system like this, it’s possible for standing water to build up around the home. This water can enter the home through very tiny cracks in the foundation. This can cause a flood in your basement and lead to serious structural damage to your home.
- Damage to the foundation. When you have water running into your basement through tiny cracks in the foundation, you’re not only ruining your basement, you’re also opening yourself up to the permanent erosion of the foundation. This very serious problem should be enough of a reason on its own to get your gutters cleaned, checked, and if necessary, repaired on a regular basis.
- Erosion of the land around your home. You’ve worked hard to create a yard that suits your personality. Don’t ruin it by cheaping out on gutters. If you have water flowing in random places around your property, you’re liable to find certain parts of it eroding and eventually being completely destroyed. It’s not worth it. Protect your Mississauga property from a variety of water-related damage with regular gutter cleaning, maintenance, and installation from Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing.
How to Fix a Leaky Eavestrough in Mississauga
Eavestroughs are constructed by connecting several gutter segments together and fixing them to the edge of the roof. The main problems with eavestroughs occur at the seams or joints between segments. Because seems tend to be the weak points in an eavestrough, they are prone to damage. When gutters become clogged with damp leaves or snow, they may bend or flex at these sensitive areas. With time (and not even that much time) these weak points can become corroded, leaving them exposed to other harsh natural forces such as wind, raccoons, and even disoriented birds.
If you notice that your gutter is leaking, it’s probably leaking at one of these seems. Take a close look. If it is, it’s probably repairable. Now, we don’t recommend that you get involved with DIY eavestrough repair, but if you’re going to do it, you might as well get started with the right information. Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing is here to help.
- The first thing you want to do is find a friend that can help you with the job. While you’re standing up on that ladder, scraping out the decaying leaves and detritus, you definitely want someone on the ground who can spot for you. Someone you trust. Someone who won’t get distracted from the one job they have: to hold the ladder in place.
- Once you’re on the ladder, you’ll begin by thoroughly cleaning the gutter. Don’t just remove the leaves leave the mud, really clean it.
- Then you need to scrape away the original sealant at the seam. Again, clean the seam and make sure there is little to no residue left over. If you need to use a chemical based cleaning agent, make sure you use gloves!
- Once the area is clean and dry, apply silicone caulking, or another sealant, to the seam. Assuming the problem with your leaky gutter was the sealant, this should fix the problem. Just make sure you give the sealant enough time to dry. Do the job when there’s no rain forecasted.
The same basic process can be applied for leaks that are caused by actual holes in the eavestrough. Holes usually appear because the gutter has been bent and then unbent. Raccoon claws and bird talons are also potential culprits, although less likely.
How to Fix a Saggy Eavestrough in Mississauga
Another common eavestrough issue is the sagging gutter. Because of the harsh winters in Mississauga, this problem is especially common here. We live in Canada. It’s snowy, icy, and cold in the winter. Sagging gutters are just a part of life.
Normally the problem is simple. If a lot of heavy or frozen material has accumulated in your eavestrough, it can loosen the screws or nails that fix the gutter to the roof of your home. Get back on that ladder and replace them with new ones. In some cases, you won’t be able to put screws into the same location. That’s fine, just make sure that the gutters are angled toward the downspout. That way, the eavestrough will continue draining water like it’s supposed to.
For Superior Eavestrough Repairs, Contact Us Today
While eavestroughing repair may not be everyone’s idea of fun, for us it is our passion and something that we take very seriously. It is this commitment combined with our competitive prices, convenient operating hours and flexible payment methods that makes our service so appealing to the countless number of Mississauga homeowners that we have catered to in recent years.
So, what are you waiting for? Call Armstrong & Nelson Eavestroughing today and allow us to get to work on repairing your home’s eavestrough system.